~Let them see the cracks in your armor, that's how the light gets out~

Thursday, December 8, 2011

We Get By With A Little Help From Our Friends



Last Monday morning, Jimmy awoke with a large portion of his hair covering his pillow. He called me into his room to see it and look at his head, he was fairly upset. So, I told him I thought it was time to go ahead and shave his head because I thought it would look better and it would be easier to have it taken care of rather than waking up each morning and seeing more gone.

My friend Tara had offered the day before to come to the house and shave his head so that it wasn't something I would have to do and so we wouldn't have to go out to a salon and have it done.

She came over the next afternoon and Jimmy reluctantly came into the kitchen and sat down. He slowly took his hat off so she could begin shaving his head, it was so hard for him to remove his hat in front of her. I think he slowly began to feel comfortable, thanks to Tara, she continued to talk to him the entire time she was shaving his hair. Thankfully, she has a way of making people feel comfortable and good about themselves, so it really helped him to feel less vulnerable.

Jimmy is blessed with a beautiful bald head! I think he looks quite handsome, he reminds Tara of Michael Phelps (yuk), and he reminds me of Lex Luthor on Smallville. The most astounding thing is that even though he had just had his head shaved due to the fact that he is undergoing chemotherapy, he still flashed his ever present smile. That's my boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment